Saturday, March 28, 2009

Golden Legacy: 65 Years of Golden Books

Much excitement and then sadness in the Lambey household tonight.


The excitement, you ask? I just found out that there is an exhibition going on right now that's showcasing original artwork from the last 65 years of Golden Books. Tons of incredible artwork from artists like Richard Scarry, J P Miller, Aurelius Battaglia, Mary Blair, and Gustaf Tenggren.


The sadness? The exhibition is located at the Enoch Pratt Free Library waaay out in Baltimore, Maryland. If you're extremely lucky enough to be in the area, then the show runs from March 02-May09, and the admission is...get this.... FREE!

If you're not one of the lucky few, then despair not. Swing by "Child at Art"'s Flickr page where she's been kind enough to post up nice high quality pics of the whole set.

Have a great weekend!

-S.

17 comments:

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

Darn those lucky Baltimorians! I'm very happy to see the photos from the exhibit, at least. Thanks for posting the link to those.

Texans are lucky too. There's a big Charley Harper exhibit going on there soon. http://www.trustthepublic.com/

Jon McNally said...

Heartwarming and heartbreaking.

RAWLS said...

Looks cool! Wish I could go too.

Mukpuddy said...

That is awesome dude!! We saw a similar thing at the Disneyland Gallery when we were over in 2007, it was crazy cool!! - Alex

Dee said...

awww.. I'm sorry mister, I know how much you would of loved that! Talk soon yes?! Cheers~

Charles K. said...

Holy crap! I live in Baltimore! Looks like I'll have to change my plans for this Saturday. :D

Thanks for the tip Steve, I had no idea it was going on.

santino lascano said...

That IS a bummer. Battaglia is my hero.

Unknown said...

Wow thanks for posting this...I'm going to go!!

andre medina said...

i love the flat look of your designs!! and your color choices are awesome...I will be posting my film next month.

Chris Battle said...

I guess us usually lucky Angelenos finally had to suck it! No show catalogue? Double-bummer!

Gordon Hammond said...

Maybe it's a travling show...???


Probably not huh....super bummmer!

XAV said...

Damn!! I'm coming to California in may for 3 weeks... I choose the wrong side of the USA :(

Niall O loughlin said...

Great work!

jose emroca flores said...

Love your style, good work!

Israel S said...

Wow! "I Can Fly" originals too! Thanks for the heads up.

Funny videos said...

Looks cool! Wish I could go too.

BRANDI MILNE said...

shut up. I hate that it is so far away!!! :( Love your work by the by! I love.


Come see me sometime!!