It's a whole new year and with that, comes time to reflect on future aspirations. Here are 25 random things that are rolling around in my head...not necessarily only for just this year, but in years to come.
1) to make more so that I can work less. Wishful thinking?
2) to spend time studying and practising the techniques of the masterful artists I really enjoy.
3) to stop drinking energy drinks (I am a red bull/ yellow vitamin water addict)
4) to learn to tie a tie.
5) to stop spending all my spare time looking at art (books, blogs, dvds,prints, etc) and start creating some instead.
6) to create thoughtful gifts for my wife instead of buying them.
7) to get exercise other than moving around my arm.
8) to learn to sketch in a sketchbook instead of on post-it notes.
9) to really get to know people in my family as individuals instead of as just siblings/parents.
10) to start my own family.
11) Apply to a major feature studio.
12) Take a painting class so that I can learn to paint with real light and volume instead of graphic cheats.
13) Find a non-art related hobby.
14) Wear sunscreen at the beach. Ghosts don't tan, they just go lobstery red.
15) Recognize the positives of my work instead of only seeing the negatives.
16) to go for a walk with my wife each night after work. I always feel much better when I do.
17) to buy a motorcycle, learn to drive it and then go on a roadtrip from California to Nova Scotia.
18) Reconnect with friends lost over the many years.
19) Set aside one week of vacation and travel to an exotic destination each year.
20) Get a greencard.
21) Watch a movie for pure enjoyment instead of analysing it for it's faults.
22) Increase my word power.
23) To buy a good camera and take a photography course.
24) to create my own "art of" book.....and actually be proud of it.
25) to crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of the women (I might have stolen this one from Conan.)
Happy New Year, Everyone!!