Monday, February 16, 2009

S is for Speedy Gonzales

I couldn't decide which idea I liked better, so I did both.

Speedy the mouse....
...and Speedy the rat.



Bonus sketch...

Hope you guys aren't getting bored of these yet :)

-Steve.

54 comments:

  1. The cute Speedy is adorable, but of course I'm partial to the rat. Keep'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:39 PM

    These are amazing, Steve!! I like to think of these images as morning/evening shots in the typical day of Speedy Gonzales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not by a long-shot! Lovin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll let you know when you can stop.

    It won't be anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cat drawn on the wall behind the rat is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely brilliant Steve, They are both excellent, I love the rat speedy he is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both man. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way!! These are great man! Keep the Steve-o goldenbook design awesomeness coming!!

    Rock on wif-yo bad sef!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bored? Damnit Lambey if you stop doing these then I will be bored.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn, These are amazing, especially Speedy The Rat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was wierd For a while there I couldn't load this window...Anyway...Nice job as alway steve.. the cute mouse is definitly the awesomer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my god...Those could not be cooler. THose are Freaking rad! And hey, Thanks for the Coraline love man. We all really apreciate it. Keep kicking ass!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great stuff Steve.... love the mice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahah... both are awesome bro. Nice work buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bored? Are you kidding me? Keep 'em coming- they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. eeeee!!! CUTE! I'm in love with the cute mouse version! Not bored of these by a long shot- want to see more, MORE! You have a whole alphabet to do, sir! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  17. dude - i love these so much! curious...why did you go to the edge with the bg on this one and left it floating on the others?

    hope you put together a book when yer done ;)

    ~t.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They're both great dude!! Love the Richard Scarry vibe on the first one though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. the mouse..no the rat...no..the mouse..no...the rat! Oh man they are both awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Steve, these are a ton of fun, really love your two takes on the classic character! I'm thinking you should pitch a new Speedy animated series with these dudes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your work is fantastic!!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey man, your stuff kicks a lot of butt.. good to see so many posts coming from you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dang! I've been really Loving these children book illustrator type studies you've been doing. They're Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I´m loving this serie so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous6:27 PM

    Wow! It's been too long since I checked out your Blog. Fantastic, amazing stuff. Very inspiring and fun. Also thanks for the Coraline post. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these! Great characterization and style. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are stunning Steve!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hahaha! Love the first one...so cute! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  29. THis stuff is wicked! Thanks again for your comments - check out the new post when you get a chance. www.freshsmoores.blogspot.com

    G is for Genius! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Not bnoring at all.

    Fantastic designs yet again-this brings back great memories of all those Looney Tune characters. Great palette too :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! Those are great!

    ReplyDelete
  32. these are classic!! high five!

    ReplyDelete
  33. both them are fantastic !!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Speedy AH AH
    see you from Italy...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Bored? Never.

    Many, many thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  36. i love steve...nice mouse

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great designs on both...I also love all of the details!

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are fun. Love em.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love them both - the first one is really cute, the second one scares me :) Very nice work - love the technique as well

    ReplyDelete
  41. all those drawings are great, i'm a big fan.
    and thanks for your comment !

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your work!

    Cheers~!
    Gulzar

    ReplyDelete
  43. I absolutely love the mouse ! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is my first time to your blog , so many awesome drawings. I will definitely come back.

    ReplyDelete
  45. aaaaahahahaha...I love them both...as a two part because i read the first one and was all 'awwwww cute' and then read the second and cracked up because it was such a difference and he was all mean with his bottle...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Anonymous10:02 PM

    These are awesome! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  47. awesome stuff. these are so cool

    ReplyDelete
  48. These are amazing, Steve!! I like to think of these images as morning/evening shots in the typical day of Speedy Gonzales.

    ReplyDelete