Sunday, January 18, 2009

Q is for Quick Draw McGraw.

I always thought it'd be funny if Quickdraw pretended to be a real horse to capture an outlaw.

38 comments:

  1. You definitely have a knack for this style. I like all the detail and embellishment on the outlaw's boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawww, beautiful colours...yet again another delight.

    How long is each one taking you approx to colour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!!! Love the sombrero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this series

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the super kind comments, everyone.

    Adele: Each one takes about a couple of hours, I guess. I try not to finish them in one sitting though. Sometimes it works better to come back with a fresh eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I´m really lovingthis serie too. Colors and charaters are really appealing and the textures rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha perfect!
    these look great steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work Slamby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geez Steve! These are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing version of "Quick Draw McGraw"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome stuff..
    I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are awesome! Love this shizz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are great! brings back memories

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just publish this series with a "Little Golden Book" cover spine and nobody gets hurt, got it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This rocks! What program are you using to paint these? Nice textures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:32 PM

    ..yeah, but a real horse would be anatomically correct...

    Love this and especially the new image on your "Coming Soon" website page.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Steve,

    Thanks for the visit and "favorites" comment on the blog. These Golden book images are looking rather classic if I do say so myself.

    This one is great - I know kids love horses shooting men.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous3:57 AM

    You're totally coooooooool!!!!
    Keep on this way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I've said it before....GREAT STYLE!!!

    -Hans

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic, yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! He's one of my fave characters!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing, amazing y amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are pretty, and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahh, these are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow dude, they just better! I agree with Chris, a book of all of these would be awesome!-Alex

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous3:09 PM

    Awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  27. fantastic, amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL This is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice one Steve. Love the texture on the brown horse

    ReplyDelete
  30. Q is also for Qooooool!...your palettes on these have been really nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  31. what the eff!?! steve, these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous9:04 AM

    Steve, you're a genius. Great way to push yourself, like master copies! Thanks for the inspiration, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! these are wonderful!
    I love Y for Yogi!!!!
    So much charm!

    ReplyDelete
  34. omg omg omg omg

    I love it. I love them ALL :D

    ReplyDelete