Monday, May 07, 2007

Birthday boy, Sean Szeles...

Quick birthday card for my friend, Sean Szeles. He's a huge fan of Miroslav Sasek, birds, crusty sea captains, and traveling the globe. The other two character are from his film, Millionaire Cheetah. Happy Birthday, buddy!

41 comments:

  1. Nice! Something keeps bringing me back to those shoes, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool! Lucky stiff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cool for school. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pic dude!! I see he's been to NZ, we must've met him, seeing as there's only 3 people living here!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Great Steve! Love the color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. grand design fella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! Just got these Sasek books recently... looks just like them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you rule,Steve! I don't know this Sean Szeles fella but I betcha he was blown over by this card. I know I woulda!!
    (hint: my birthday is in October!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always good to have artistic friends. Nicely done. Love the Golden Book Megaman too!

    --Added you also to my links!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking great Steve! By the way, my birthday is July 18th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:40 PM

    Hey wait! My birthday is Janurary 10th! Don't forget! Ok? Huh? Don't forget!!

    Really cool, Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this illo. Great great work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice,, looks great steve.

    ReplyDelete
  15. well, this is pretty awesome Steve!
    Lucky guy! heheee....

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi steve!

    i'd gladly trade you for your work! thanks for commenting, i'm working on becoming more designy... your work is so insprational...and oh ya i suck at spelling. :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boy, that Sean fellow sure is lucky to have a birthday to go with the cool card you made for him!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great work as always steve..ahh cartoons sometimes i miss it

    ReplyDelete
  19. your works are very interesting and very beautiful, i llove yor blog...hey guy, you are awesome...

    roby

    ReplyDelete
  20. super boulo monsieur, bonne continuation!

    ReplyDelete
  21. awww. beautiful man. I gotta make a card for my mom. this is the inspiration I needed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Which one is Sean? there's just too many characters ... is it the tie-wearing leopard? is that Sean? Maybe it's the bird with the hat, no, wait, it's the shoes ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOOOW..!!! que trabajo tan chido..me encanta el estilo..Felicidades!!!!

    Saludos..!!
    http://misaeljesus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. that's so rad, I absolutely love sasek's books. i have an original from the 60's that my grandma picked up in france - and it's weird because they've just gone nuts in a comeback recently.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely beautiful Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Steve, your art is precious!
    And so beautiful, I can stay hours looking and admiring!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, you know I love this. Incredible work, Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  28. PRetty pretty colours...arg!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. lol really cool man, awesome card, I bet he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your work...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous3:20 PM

    Hi!
    I from South Cambodia :-)
    you are like golden elefant of lucky

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW WOW WOW!!!
    amazing blog, incredible illos, goodest ideas.

    I like ALL. So, I´d like to link your blog in mine. Are you ok?
    please tell me, you´re invited to visit http://primerospinitos.blogspot.com

    saludos from España!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous12:00 PM

    Sigh, oh Mr. Lambey, you really rock your "Golden Book" flavor. What's even better is you make it deliciously your own. Awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ha HAAAAAAAA. Well done. Its perfect!
    I love the shoes hanging from the "IS".

    ReplyDelete
  35. You make it look so easy ...
    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  36. uuuuuuuuuuuuu.... your stuff has so much style. super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Steve, what a fantastic Blog. I really love your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  38. "The level of engagement the author has with their readers is remarkable. They take the time to respond to comments and address questions, creating a dynamic and interactive experience. Thank you for making us feel heard and valued."
    how late is the closest grocery store open.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy birthday to Sean Szeles! Don't miss out on the celebration with "parking spot 2 coupons" to ensure a hassle-free parking experience while making wonderful memories on this special day!parking spot 2 coupons

    ReplyDelete